CP03 ECMO – Hemoconcentration
Hemocor HPH Mini Hemoconcentrator with 2 accessory connector packs
(4) tubing clamps
(4) scalpel blades and alcohol swabs
(2) DLP perfusion adapters (¼”-male)
(2)DLP perfusion adapters (1/4”-female)
(1) ¼”x 1/16” x 8’ tubing
(1) 1 liter Plasmalyte
(2) DPL Rapid Prime Set #10021
(2) Large-bore stopcocks
(1) Pediatric urimeter bag
(1) Baxter solution set
(1) Ureteral drainage bag (Ref 7,000)
- Attach female perfusion adapters (found in accessory pack) with ¼” ends to hemocencentrator.
- Attach 1 piece of 6” x ¼” tubing to connectors previously placed on hemoconcentrator.
- Place 2 male perfusion adapters with ¼” connectors to ¼” lines with large-bore stopcocks on each end.
- Attach ¼” female connector to the end of stopcock.
- On inflow of hemoconcentrator, attach 6’ x ¼” tubing and place in rollerhead. Attach ¼” female perfusion adapter to ¼” line, and then to quick-prime line. Clamp and spike plasmalyte bag.
- On outflow of hemoconcentrator, attach 12” x ¼” line from stopcock to DPL perfusion adapter ( ¼” female) to quick-prime line, to plasmalyte bag.
- Prime and debubble blood path.
- Attach Baxter solutions set to effluent port with leur lock connection.
- Place ureteral drainage bag on spike port of Baxter solution set and clamp.
- Deair effluent side of the hemoconcentrator, Baxter solution set, and urteral drainage bag.
- Once properly deaired, place hemoconcentrator in ECMO circuit, utilizing large-bore stopcocks.
- Place hemoconcentrator inflow post pump, outflow prepump, and pre-bubble detector.
- Insert effluent line in I.V. pump to pull from hemoconcentrator.
- Set to desired effluent pull rate (not to exceed 35 ml/h).
- Increase arterial pump flow to compensate for shunting across hemoconcentrator.